The Pennsylvania State Data Center invites you to attend the PaSDC's Census Data Workshops. Learn how to quickly find reliable and relevant data for your local communities.
Workshops will be held at The Penn State Harrisburg Campus in Middletown, PA. (directions below)
The workshops will begin at 9:00 a.m. and end at 3:00 p.m. Please allow extra time for downtown traffic and parking. Attendees should plan to arrive by 8:45 a.m. to receive login information and passwords (please bring photo ID).
Lunch is on your own, from noon to 1:15 p.m.
Datasets You’ll Be Able To Download:
- 2000 and 2010 Census
- American Community Survey
- Population Estimates
- Economic Census
You’ll Be Able To:
- Understand Census terminology and geography
- Understand how the 2010 was conducted and its effect on PA
- Understand the American Community Survey and its role in the 2010 Census
- Locate and download 1990, 2000 and 2010 Census data via the Internet
- Keep current with ongoing Census programs and developments
Workshop Materials - Each Participant will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Complete workshop handouts with step-by-step instructions
- A profile of Pennsylvania from the 2010 Census
- This is a hands-on session - all attendees will have access to a PC with Internet capability, each student will be asked to create custom profiles, tables and maps.
- Our staff is the leading expert on decennial Census data for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania - the trainers are knowledgeable, professional and effective.
- Our Support - We will be there for you after the workshop. Our staff is a phone call or email away, so if you missed something during the session, we are there for you!
- The workshops will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. and end at 3:00 p.m.
- Attendees should arrive by 8:45 a.m. to receive Internet passwords and ID.
- Lunch is on your own from noon to 1:15 p.m.
- Trainers will remain after 3:00 p.m. to answer questions.
- Seating is limited so register early.
If a participant must cancel their registration, the registration fee will be refunded provided cancellation is made one week from date of workshop. After that date, no registration fees will be refunded. To cancel, participants must call the PaSDC at 717.948.6336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PaSDC reserves the right to cancel or postpone any workshop, conference, or meeting due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstance. In the event of postponement or cancellation by the PaSDC, the PaSDC will refund registration costs, but will not be held responsible for any related costs, charges, or expenses.
Penn State Harrisburg, 233 Church Hall, Middletown, PA
If you have a large group or if you wish to save travel time and expenses, we can come to you! We will customize any of our sessions to accommodate your specific needs at a location best suited for you. For more information about our on-site workshops, call us at 717.948.6336 or email us at: email@example.com.
What Attendees Are Saying About Our Workshops
"This was great information and the instructor was very knowledgeable and helpful."
"This workshop was presented wonderfully and the information was extremely helpful. Keep up the good work!"
"Great job presenting!"
"Very good workshop and speaker!"